Friday, September 02, 2005

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee...

I got the job!!!! Yay! I start on Tuesday. I found out about this on Wednesday, and I am so excited, but then proceeded into a slight panic, as I realized I had nothing really appropriate for the office that fits me anymore. Since having the children, my body has changed considerably. The office clothes I do have are a ridiculous size 3... yes, sick, I know... I really find it difficult to believe I was ever that tiny. Also, my feet have changed a full size, and all of my dress shoes are size 6... I am now a 7. Then, there's the bra issue... that is just so frustrating on so many levels!!! I have many that used to kind of fit... but now, after 2 babies... frustration sets in again... I really hate shopping for bras... mostly because it seems most stores don't carry anything that remotely even fits!

So Yesterday, I went shopping! I got a gorgeous long black blazer, that will go with anything I wear. i really need to look professional in this job since I will be working with Lawyers, and since my desk is apparently right outside the CEO's office.

Then, I actually found bras that more-or-less fit... well, at least I don't fall out of them if I bend over... could have used a bigger cup size, but alas, none to be found over DD... dammit!

And shoes... I really must commend the people who determine "fashion" in shoes this year... it seems that sexy heels are in... the catch... they all have rounded toes... so, they're actually very comfortable! I love high heels, but hate painful toes... These shoes are awesome!!!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Woohooo! Congrats on your new job!

A. Hiscock said...

Congratulations! What an ego-boost, to get a new job and new clothes to go with it!

I hope it turns out to be what you need, and that the boys adjust well.

WitchHazel said...

Thanks. The job is awesome, by the way. Heh heh... very, very flexible hours.