Thursday, November 10, 2005

Efficient people piss me off...

You know those people who have every thing in order... their houses are immaculate, their gardens perfect, their lives very structured and full of self-discipline? Yeah, those people. They piss me off to no end, because I just can't figure out how they do it! They piss me off, because they are masters of self-discipline, and seem to do it so effortlessly, and I just can't even to seem to succeed at adding one simple little consistent routine into my life. No, I don't hate organized people...I admire them.

My life is a whirlwhind of chaos. I can't seem to get up at the same time every morning, which then messes up any attempt I make at establishing a morning routine. I know it comes down to a matter of self-discipline too, and I'll admit, I have a serious deficiency in that area. So, how does one go about teaching oneself self-discipline? Is it actually possible to do it on one's own? Does it require a coach to hold one's hand at the beginning, gradually easing the grip once the trainee begins to master basic self-discipline? If so, where do I start? or where do I find such a coach? I am currently at a loss to know where or how to begin.

2 comments:

scarletcougar said...

Start by setting the alarm and getting up. My alarm goes off at 7:30am every morning... even the ones I don't have to get up for. I then wake and decide if I am needed somewhere in 2 hrs or not. If I am I get up and get ready. If not then I reset the alarm for 9:30am.

Also make a morning list and check things off as you go each morning. Make it very detailed. My list looks like this:

-wake
-brush teeth and hair (maybe shower)
-dress
-get juice
-take vitamins
-check email & blogs
-breakfast
-make day's To Do list

The vitamins are a new addition to mine.

WitchHazel said...

LOL...thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty good at making the morning list, and the to do lists... problem is, actually sticking to the list...groan.