Friday, July 15, 2005

Hot, Hot, Hot...

Oh, it's so hot out today...again. I really hope my hubbie invests in an air-conditioning unit, at least for the kitchen. But I have a feeling that will have to wait until next summer. Oh well, at least the house stays relatively cool provided I close the windows and pull the shades in the early AM. Mykah gets really uncomfortable in this heat. I've taken to wetting a facecloth with cool water and laying it on his chest... that seems to help quite a bit... He also gets relief when I put him in his baby swing... gives him a nice cool breeze.

Poor Jack is lethargic with the heat too. He's a Bernese Mountain Dog, but we have him shaved for the summer, and it's a good thing too, or else he'd really be suffering.

Well, I'm having a more productive day today, but not actually getting as much done as I had hoped. At least the family will have clean clothes... I really need to vacuum, but I think I'll wait until tonight when it's a little cooler (I hope).

No comments: