Monday, August 15, 2005

Shock, Shoes, Stupidity, and Silence...

Shock: Last night, my 2-1/2 (actually almost 3) year old son put himself to bed. The bar was down on the crib (yes, he likes his crib still), and he pushed a stool over to the crib, climed in and fell asleep. His bedtime is 9PM, but last night we decided to let him stay up a bit later as he was being really good, and had a long nap in the afternoon. I heard him pushing something around in his bedroom around 9:15PM, but didn't bother to check, because I thought he was just getting his blankie out of his crib. At 9:30, I checked on him, and there he was fast asleep in his crib. Yes, I was shocked, and amazed... it's a sign of maturity... he recognized that he was tired, and he went to bed. WOW!!!

Shoes: Today we had our appointment at the Shriners' hospital for Mykah. His foot is doing well, and we had to get the shoes refitted.

Stupidity: I still haven't heard anything from the placement agency about that job. The woman said she'd call me either way today. finally, I called at 3pm... she's not even in the office today... well, I guess I shouldn't call it stupidity... but I just want to know.

Silence: Alas, both the boys are napping, and hubbie has gone to work, so it's nice and quiet around here... yay... time for myself!!! I stopped by the Melange Magique today to pick up my Dragon's Blood oil. Heh heh... I also got a couple of books, and I can't wait to start reading them!!!!

No comments: