Saturday, September 15, 2012

Welding...

It's so nice to be excited about what I'm doing for once in my life.  My eyes pop open every morning, and I'm excited to go to school.  We are learning new and interesting things... things that I could never have imagined that I'd be doing (AND enjoying) only a couple of short years ago.  For example, we started our soudage a l'arc (arc welding) course this week, and to my pleasant surprise, I really enjoyed it and it turns out that I also have the potential to become very good at welding.
The Man laughed condescendingly when I originally told him I'd be learning welding... he just couldn't imagine me doing it.  He actually tried to put me off of it... although he'd say he was just trying to prepare me for something he assumed I would hate.  He was also so sure that I'd be very bad at it.  So I snapped a picture of some of the practice work I did MY FIRST TIME WELDING EVER.

The Man's jaw dropped when he saw my work.  Apparently his first welding practice didn't look anywhere near as good as this.  Once again he had to eat his words!!!

2 comments:

Jessy said...

Dude. If you keep making The Man eat his words like that, he may one day end up shitting poetry....

YOU GO GIRL!

WitchHazel said...

bwahahahaha... bia-tch... you made me spit out my coffee... AGAIN... hahaha I love you, and I would LOVE to see the day he starts shitting poetry.