Friday, September 07, 2012

Epic craziness...

School has been in full swing for a little under 2 weeks now for me, and my head is just swimming with information.  I am pleased to report that the French has not been as overwhelming as I had originally feared it would be... instead, I'm finding that already my French has started to improve by leaps and bounds.  Now I know it's true that the best way to learn/improve a language skill is the proverbial "sink or swim" method!!!

Yesterday we started the portion of the course that will teach us maintenance and driving a tractor.  Today, we took a closer look at some of the basics like how to check the radiator fluid, oil, and transmission fluid.  Yes, we had to climb up on the wheel of the tractor (not an easy feat for someone with short legs like me, I might add ) and get a little dirty... heh heh... it felt pretty good.  A couple of the other students got to drive the tractor today, but since there were 10 of us and only 1 tractor, not everyone got a turn today.  Hopefully 2 other tractors will be ready on Tuesday so that the rest of us can get a turn.  But ACK... the tractor is a manual transmission...it's a little intimidating for me, but I really think this is going to be fun!!!!!

No comments: