Friday, January 13, 2012

Acceptance...


Part of the process of healing has involved really loving myself and accepting myself as I am. Now that encompasses so many intricate levels. One of the biggest challenges I faced was the fact that the medications I used to take caused me to gain a ridiculous amount of weight which in turn began to take a serious toll on my state of health; I developed imbalances in my triglyceride levels, hypothyroidism, and sleep apnea. In the 6 months since I stopped taking the medication I am pleased to say that I have lost 34lbs, the sleep apnea is gone, my thyroid gland is functioning normally again without medication, and my triglyceride levels are back to normal. Hopefully I will continue to lose weight in order to continue to improve my overall health, as we all know the health risks that go hand in hand with being overweight. This past New Year's Eve I attended a party at a friend's house, and was encouraged to dance. Jessy managed to snap this picture, and I'm so glad she did. I proudly accept myself the way I am. I may not be perfect, but I am still beautiful. Thanks Jessy for helping me to be able to say that! It's nice to feel comfortable in my own skin again! I accept that I will never again look the way I did when in the Maiden phase of my life... instead I fully embrace the Mother Goddess aspect of my life and the beauty and voluptuousness of the body that comes with it!!!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

In all honesty, there is no point in aiming for the Maiden... With your voluptuous form of the Mother comes the wisdom of experience and comfort in your sexuality.

The Maiden's beauty comes from her innocence. Yours comes from your passion...

...Which makes you one sexy chick!

<3 <3 <3

Sir said...

Good news that all is going well and you have lost all that weight too...

Warren

WitchHazel said...

Yes Jessy I wholeheartedly agree, and I am truly enjoying it.

Hi Warren, Thank you.