Monday, December 05, 2005

Today's plans...

Well, I was supposed to go to work today, but after having to wake up with Zach at 3AM, and him not falling back to sleep until 5AM, the plans have changed. Also, his schedule is now all messed up, so I'm keeping him home today. That way, he'll skip his afternoon nap, and go to bed, hopefully, at a decent hour tonight. So, if he cooperates by being a nice little boy today, here's my to do list.
  • Laundry (wash, dry, fold, AND put away)
  • kitchen counters (clear off junk and wash)
  • kitchen table (clear off junk and wash)
  • dishes (wash, dry, and put away)
  • wash dish rack and mat
  • bleach and wax the sink (yeah, I know this one sounds strange, but I have a white porous sink that looks very grungy if not bleached every once in a while. The wax is to keep it from getting stained again too quickly)

That's it to start. If I can get all of that done, I'll be happy. I'd also like to start work on my husband's christmas present. I'm making a fleece shirt for him. I would have started earlier, but I couldn't get the sewing machine working...my Mom came over on Sunday and showed me how to fix it. I had it threaded completely wrong; but to my credit, my mom said that it's a finnicky machine and is set up all backwards anyway (it's a really old machine). But, once threaded properly, it sews like a dream, and hopefully I'll end up making something that at least resembles a nice shirt-- it's my first sewing project. ha ha... wish me luck.

No comments: