Saturday, October 28, 2006

Brief Scare.

So I had my regular check-up with my doctor yesterday, and I was very glad it happened to be on that particular day, because I developed a weird rash on my leg, and it was a bit painful. The doctor took a look at my leg and was asking lots of questions, and then he proceeded to take out a pen and start drawing on my leg. When he wrote the date and time, I was like "OH SHIT!" He said it could only be a simple case of cellulitis (skin infection). However, we needed to be sure that the antibiotics he gave me would work, and shrink the infection fast. It was serious enough that he gave me overdose of antibiotics for day 1. He said, "If by tonight this hasn't gone down, or if it spreads at all, go straight to the emergency room, and give them this referral. I don't want to scare you, but we can't take the chance of it being "flesh-eating disease"".

Okay, so I was a little freaked out, and needless to say I was checking on the rash every 5 minutes. Thankfully the antibiotics are working. The redness has gone down a lot, and the leg doesn't even hurt as much as it did. Nothing like a scare like that to make you very grateful for the good things you have! Today, I am much more grateful for the people in my life, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Ali P said...

Whoa! Hoyl freak illnesses Batman! Hope you all are fine today!