Monday, October 16, 2006

I survived!

Yes, I survived a long day on my own with both kids. It was pretty good for the most part, but by 6PM I was getting antsy, wanting adult conversation and company. Neither of the kids took a nap, so they were both in bed early. Mykah went right off to sleep, but Zach was a little more difficult. Zach wanted me to sleep in his bed, he wanted water, he wanted more water, he wanted to be covered, he wanted to be uncovered. Finally, I turned out all the lights and told him he had to go to sleep because Mommy was going to sleep too. Not two minutes after my lights went out did a little naked boy crawl into my bed, "Mommy, I want to sleep in your bed." Yes, he was naked, as he is most nights despite the fact that he does have PJs on when I put him to bed. Anyway, I gave up, told him he could sleep in Mommy's bed...he was out within 5 minutes!

1 comment:

Ali P said...

Listen, Ben is nine and he still pulls that one once in awhile. But its kinda nice to hold that skinny boy in my arms snuggled in like when he was a baby. It won't last much longer.