Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Domestic Goddess I am not...yet.

Well, right now my home certainly doesn't look as if a Domestic Goddess lives here. Somehow a tornado blew through my kitchen again! I really want to get it cleaned up, but Zachy insists on helping (a request I can't really refuse for his good upbringing), but of course at 3.5 years old, his help creates more mess...right now he's washing the unbreakable dishes, and doesn't want any help at all. I imagine that in about 2 minutes I'll be mopping up puddles on the kitchen floor too...now, whether those puddles are created from Zach's diswashing, or my tears over not accomplishing anything has yet to be seen.

Hopefully he will lose interest in the dishes fairly quickly and move on to something else...if I could actually get him interested in picking up toys, that would be great....yeah, right, and pigs will fly too, right?!

1 comment:

Ali P said...

I always looked forward to the dish washing thing because when I wipe up the puddles, my floor is cleaner! WooHoo! two birds and all that.
Ben is sometimes encouraged to "wash" the kitchen floor for me because it gives him a job and he likes that feeling of being useful. I usually have to dry it up but thats ok by me. Cameron actually enjoys sloshing..I mean..scrubbing the toilets..LOL
It gets better Tracy, really it does. You are doing great.