Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tiring Day...

I am absolutely exhausted...from the stress of having to drive downtown on a weekday, from the stress of having to hold my screaming son still while they took blood from his arm... Hospital visits are always exhausting! Mykah had a check-up for his eyes, to make sure that they are okay since occasionally one eye gives the appearance of wandering. But all is well, and his eyes and vision are absolutely fine.
At the same time I took him up to the blood clinic to get his blood tests done for the Gastro and Genetics clinics... well, he kicked and screamed...he's a pretty strong 18-month old. To make matters worse, he was so stressed that the first vein collapsed and the technician had to find another vein... it took me plus 3 technicians to get the necessary sample. Well, at least it's over and done with.

1 comment:

A. Hiscock said...

Oh gods, I *hate* when they have to do blood tests on the tiny ones. It breaks my heart to have to hold them down while they scream. I sing to Liam and and smile for him throught he whole process while tears roll down my cheeks. They can never get it right on the first try with him, either. It's dreadful. You and Mykah have my sympathy (even though he's forgotten all about it by now, but moms sure don't!).